Friday, August 12, 2011

First Time Canner






Yep, you heard me right. I am a first time canner. And I did it, or at least I think I did. I canned tomatoes yesterday and all the lids popped so I think we are good! But we will have to see this winter how it tastes.

I have always wanted to try it but something about it scared me. Then I got a chance to buy a water bath canner with rack and jars for ten dollars. Who can refuse that! I had planned on just using it in a display for my old blue jars but i couldn't resist. A few hours later I had canned all the tomatoes in the house. And boy was I going to be in trouble. I didn't leave one for hubby's sandwich. Oh no! He says down in the coal mines nothing taste better on his ham sandwich then a garden fresh tomato. So........Papa, our neighbor saved me and shared his. lol Gotta love those neighbors!

I have also been trying to figure out how to do more on my blog. Such as pages, links, music player and things of that sort. And so far no luck. I even went to an open topic computer class and the instructor had no idea about blogging so that was a bust. I checked out a book, Blogging for Dummies, and that didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. So I guess I am not a dummy at it, but far from where I want to be. So if anyone has any suggestions on how I can learn more let me know. And Thanks in advance!

1 comment:

  1. i am so jealous. there is nothing like home canned tomatoes. my mom taught me 28 years ago and now i've taught my daughter.

    ReplyDelete