Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Well I have been very busy lately. I guess it's just that time of year for everyone. I have to start this story by telling you about my dog Lucky. He came to us seven years ago as a stray starving with heart worms. We took him to the vet and it was a long process to get him taken care of but we did get him fixed up. The vet said he will always have trouble breathing because of the damage and he estimated him to be about four years old. He has always followed me everywhere. He is right step behind me at all times. Even when I mow the lawn I can't go backwards because I will fall over him. He likes to spend time with me. So Lucky is around ten and his hips are getting bad and he can no longer get in the truck and won't use a ramp. And the last time I tried to help him into my durango I almost killed us both. Because needless to say he is like me and a little bit heavy! I got a new van about a month ago and thought that it would be great for him because he can get into it easily. But since I have been so busy I had not got a chance to take him for a ride yet. Well it should have tipped me off that I needed to slow down when I came out of my craft room and the boys had taped a gun target to my hutch and had a competition with spit wads. YUK! I knew I needed to slow down but I had so much to do. Well today Lucky let me know again that I need to SLOW DOWN! After I came home from the lumber yard I had forgot and left the back hatch open on the van. The garage was open because my husband was mowing the lawn. I went to the craft room and got to work. Well after three dolls I received a text from my husband along with this picture.
Lucky wanted to go for a ride! We don't know how long exactly he had been in there waiting since we were both doing other things. But none the less he was there waiting for his mommy. So tonight I took him for a ride and we visited our local gas station that hands out dog treats through the drive up window. And this is where he discovered what he had to give up to be able to get into the car, a window that rolls down. ha ha ha So I say thank you to my children and their spit wads and to my black lab Lucky for letting me know when I am too busy.

4 comments:

  1. I about died laughing when you texted me this picture! He looks like he is ready to drive you around! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest story...love Labs. Mine is named Luc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that is such a sweet story Dolly..and yes, we all need to slow down a little..lol..
    luv Annie.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, so sweet and so funny! I'm glad he will get his rides in again. My 5 year old dog runs to the back door and goes in circles when he hears me pick up my keys. Him and Lucky just love their little trips, so cute!

    ReplyDelete